Friday, May 8, 2015

Banner for My Daughter's Birthday - CDD dt

Hi there, today is my turn to share on the Craftin Desert Divas BLOG.   I would like to share with you a project that I recently made for my daughter's 20th birthday.  I created this banner to hang up in our house for her special day and what I love best was how quick and easy this was to make using some of my favorite products from Craftin Desert Divas -


To create the base for my banner I used the Craftin Desert Divas "Banner" die set.  I used the largest banner die to create my banner.  In a manner of minutes I had all of my backgrounds cut out.


Next I glued down a doily from Michaels and then used some foam tape to mount my letters.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out my letters and chose a fatter font (don't remember which one I used, sorry).  I adjusted my letters so that they were all about 2.5 inches high. After that I punched a hole in the top corner of each banner and threaded my ribbon through.  I added a bit of adhesive to help hold my ribbon in place on the back and the front corners of each banner.  For a final bit of decoration I adhered a Craftin Desert Divas "Butterfly Wishes" sequin to each letter and put a drop of liquid pearls silver in the center of the butterfly.  


 Here are some closeups -





My daughter is getting married a year from this July so I plan to save her banner and re-use it for her bridal shower.  Thanks for stopping by today!!

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo PRETTY!!! LOVE the tiny butterflies!!!! I bet she loved it!!! And what a great idea to re-use it for her bridal shower!!! :) Have a Great Day! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete